MGA Stop Light Switch

To: <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA Stop Light Switch
From: "Edwin McCarroll" <emccarroll@mco.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 15:36:57 -0400
My currently brake light (original?) switch works only under considerable foot
pressure on the pedal so I decided to change it and install a replacement.   I
am having a heck of a time removing the old switch.   I am using a 1/2" drive
extension  and socket and cannot budge it.   I am doing it from the top down
through the engine compartment.   I am tempted to extend the ratchet handle
with a length of pipe for more torque but think I might turn the attached brake
lines into pretzels.  Any tips I might try on my second go around this evening?