Re: quick question about the map light, 77B

To: "Tom McLaughlin" <tmcl98@yahoo.com>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: quick question about the map light, 77B
From: "Scott McKorkle" <bmc@aa.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 14:09:56 -0700
Tom,

When pushed up, it should stay on all the time.  When down, it should only
come on with the doors are open.  It sounds like the switches probably
needs some work on yours.  It is pretty easy to disassemble the light
itself.  If memory serves, it just snaps out of its socket.  The door
switches get pretty clobbered up over time and are a bear to fix.  But it
can be done.  They work on the same principle as your trunk light switch.

Good luck!
Scott McKorkle
1978 MGB