Re: OT: Ferrari

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OT: Ferrari
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 12:41:11 -0700
Back in the bad old days of megacollectomania, a 250 GTO went for $20
million (US). I would still figure on 5 if you could find one for sale.
I'm afraid that makes me a little doubtful that you saw one on the street
(though if anyone would drive one, it would be an Ozzie). There are
replica versions running around, a lot of them on the 250GTE chassis.

It's a shame that a lot of Ferraris are so grossly expensive that it's
financially crazy to actually drive them. Fortunately, our MGs are still
affordable, so we can drive the snot out of 'em without endangering our
progeny's college educations, gross national product, etc.

Neil Cotty had this to say:

--

Max Heim