Re: MGB Ignition

To: James.Nazarian@colorado.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Ignition
From: Speedo79@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 14:26:19 EDT
James,

I had this exact same problem with my 1977 MGB for a while... I figured out
that if I wiggled the loom of wires under the hood on the passenger side of
the fire wall, the ignition would come back on and I could start and drive
until the next time it would happen.  I finally broke down and sourced it to
the round ignition relay just above the coil.  The contacts inside were
loose-I could move the spade connectors back and forth easily.  Once I
replaced it, the problem went away for good.

Good luck!
Steve Sanchez