[Top] [All Lists]

Fuel tank replacement - rubber buffer strips

To: <>
Subject: Fuel tank replacement - rubber buffer strips
From: "Scott McKorkle" <>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 11:32:27 -0700
Hi all!

I will be replacing my fuel tank this weekend on my 78B.  I have purchased
a new tank, new sender unit and new sender unit seal.

One item I was unable to purchase locally was the set of rubber buffer
strips that go on top of the tank prior to mounting.  Is this something I
can fabricate on my own?  These look like simple strips of rubber, probably
1/4" thick???

Any ideas what sort of rubber this is?  I'm hoping I can pick some up at my
local hardware store.

Any input would be appreciated.  I'll also take any additional hints on
installing the tank (I already have seen Ed's excellent suggestion of using
the tire jack).

Scott McKorkle
1978 MGB 

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>