Re: Lucas raising his head

To: <RobMGB@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lucas raising his head
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 19:41:45 +0100
What did the ignition light do when you turned the key?  If it went out then
came back on when you released the key you have a bad connection in the
heavy current cable from the solenoid back to the battery or the battery
ground strap, or the battery has an intermittent internal fault.

If the light stayed on then your signal from the ignition switch was not
reaching the solenoid.  However on post 69 cars there is also a starter
relay.  If you heard neither the relay (if you have one) nor the solenoid
click then check the red/white from the ignition switch to the
relay/solenoid.  For the full story have a look on my web site, select
'Spanners', 'Electrics' and 'Won't start'.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/
(or if that URL doesn't work try   )
(http://194.168.54.52/paul.hunt1)