Re: Replacing Rear Main seal....

To: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Replacing Rear Main seal....
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 17:16:15 -0700
Andrew..........

Simply undo the four bolts that hold the seal retainer plate,  pry the old
seal out (trying not to damage the seal surface of the crankshaft) then tap
the new seal in until it is flush with the plate. Then re-install the
retainer plate. Be sure to put some lube on the new seal before you install
it so it does not get burned the first time the crank rotates.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center