soft tops

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: soft tops
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 19:38:42 -0400
I opted for a Robbins Stayfast top soon after they first came out, 6 or
7 years ago. It was quite pricey then, but the vinyl tops were only
lasting about 3 years, so I decided to take a chance. The top is still
in use, still looks new, no fade, windows were replaced after 4 years
because of a small boy with a stick, not because thewy were clouded. By
the way, I have no garage, & the car was a daily driver for 5 of those
years. I don't own a car cover either. The only care the top received
was a wash when the car was washed, with the same soap.

There is no shrinking with this fabric, just the opposite, a long high
speed drive usually results in some sagging, which disappears in a few
hours, so don't fit it loose as you might fit a vinyl top. For my
situation, the fabric top has turned out to be a major bargin, & looks
great as well.

Jim Stuart