Re: Ed...was manual choke conversion

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ed...was manual choke conversion
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 07:44:15 -0600
I sent my thoughts on this yesterday only to find that my answer didn't
make it to the list. A check today (I'm on the digest) shows where I
screwed up - normally I address the message to the list from memory but in
this case I "replied" to the digest message. So it went to
mgs-owner@autox.team.net instead of mgs@autox.team.net.  Just a little
trivia fact for those of you on the digest.

Now its old news but I'll send it anyway:

----------

I'm going to have to take exception to this one. First of all, my
credentials -I have been on this list for almost five years, back when the
Web was in its infancy and Lynx was the primary browser. I post
occassionally, mainly to help out more than ask questions since I have been
working on and driving MGs for more than twenty years.

I've seen this list sidetrack to cats, batteries on cement floors, and many
other off topic conversations. A few flames too. But overall, this list has
been excellent - minimal noise, relevant topics.

But back to Ed. I hardly consider him "whining". As far as "inexcusable", I
wouldn't go so far. He may  have been on the line or slightly over as far
as advertising his services on this last post. But you have to consider
that he, Lawrie, and perhaps a few others, are active participants on this
list and seldom, if ever, advertise their services on the list. Although I
am sure they would like to use the list to gain business. But they do so in
an appropriate low key way.

On the other hand, a person who has been "lurking and not responding at
all" really has less right to flame someone for transgressions on this
list. In short though, I emphasize to everyone to maintain civility on this
list. We are all here to help one another and share our interests in LBCs.
And for the most part, that has been the case and I hope it remains so.

David
67 BGT
71 BGT