Re: towing

To: mwjose@u.arizona.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: towing
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 20:57:08 EDT
In a message dated 10/7/99 2:55:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mwjose@u.arizona.edu writes:

> If you plan on towing any rear-drive car facing forward (rear wheels
>  rolling), you should disconnect the drive shaft.
>  If you are going to tow the rear-drive car facing backwards (front
>  wheels rolling), you do not have to disconnect the drive shaft.
>  HOWEVER, do NOT tow a wire wheel car backwards, as the wheels will fall
>  off.
>  That is the honest truth.
>  For safety and property's sakes.
>  Oh, if this were a front-drive car, the above advice would be reversed

Say what?  I can't speak for all the front drive cars out there but I have
never seen a front drive car with a drive shaft.  Perhaps I am missing
something.

>  (I don't know what one would do with a four-wheel drive car)
Since I work for a company that sells AWD cars I can answer that.  your
choices are all 4 on the ground or all 4 off the ground (flatbed)
Rick Ewald