Re: Cables

To: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>, mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cables
From: "Terry O'Brien" <mgrepairs@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 08:07:56 -0700 (PDT)

--- Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu> wrote:
> Chris I use the brake cable from a bike but I also
> use (and prefer)1/16
> aircraft cable that most hardware stores sell. In
> addition you will need 2
> of the lead cable ends. I go through at least 1 a
> year on my MGA but never
> on the MGB.
> ...Art

Never say never, Art!  Ask me how I know.  (I was not
close to home; the weather was not good; and I just
finished commenting on how reliable my LBC is).

On a serious note, perhaps this thread will serve as a
reminder that listers should give a glance at the
accelerator cable every once in a while.  The good new
is that bicycle cable is easily available.  I found it
at Kmart.

> On Fri, 8 Oct 1999 mkris@sprynet.com wrote:
>
> > I remember that there was a suggestion that you
> can use to replace the gas cable
> > a bicycle cable. Does anyone remember the size?
> > Chris
> > 1977 MGB

=====
Terry O'Brien, RDU/NC/USA.
What has 52 valves, 16 cylinders, 2 drivers, one air pump and comes from four
countries?
Our cars: '77 MG B, 1.8L; '83 Dodge Ram 50, 2.0(Japan); '97 Chrysler Sebring
Convertible, 2.4(Mexico) -FOR SALE-; and '97 Meercedes-Benz C230, 2.3.  Its a
small world after all.