Re: powder coat

To: Rhbuxton@aol.com
Subject: Re: powder coat
From: michael j robson <miker15@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 14:33:34 -0400

On Sun, 10 Oct 1999 21:38:58 EDT Rhbuxton@aol.com writes:
> Hi,
> I was looking through the Eastwood catalog the other day and saw an
> ad for
> their powder coat system.  My wire wheels are painted and a pain, I
> was
> wondering if anyone has had any experience with powder coated wire
> wheels.
> It seems as though it might make keeping them clean easier and get
> rid of the
> painting ritual.  Any thoughts on the subject?
> Rick

I had a set powder coated about a year ago - they look excellent but it
doesnt make
cleaning between 72 spokes any easier than on painted or chrome wheels!!
(you will still take 30 mins a wheel and end up with sore fingers!!)
I believe the eastwood system is pretty effective though i havnt used it
myself
Didnt you get one Enrique?

mike robson
69 roadster