No turn signals, partial high beams

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: No turn signals, partial high beams
From: Nferre@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 21:09:05 EDT
Hi Gang!

A hopefully small problem.  My headlight switch on my 79 B bit the proverbial
dust.  I replaced it and all was fine, or so I thought.

Tonight, I went for a short drive, went for the high beams, and nothing.

When I got home, I checked everything, and found a loose brown wire that
attaches to a plate behing the steering wheel.  I reateched it, and now have
partial high beams.  I can do the "flash to pass" thing, but when I want the
highs on always, its a no go.

Also, somehow when checking this stuff, my turn signals decided to go on
vacation.  My hazards, however, still work.  All my fuses are OK.

Is the whole turn signal stalk assembly going bad?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Nels Ferre
79 MGB