Re: ARGH those Suburbans( Otherwise known as those damn four

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ARGH those Suburbans( Otherwise known as those damn four
From: "John A. Walker" <john@rmartin.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:01:07 -0700
The problem isn't just SUV's it is pretty much all new cars.  It is just the
height of the SUV's makes it even worse.
Have you had to drive in front of a new BMW or a new Accura with those
ridiculous projector style head lights? These things will blind worse than
any SUV that I have seen.
And even worse than the projector head lamps are the cars with the PICO
super intense driving lights.  Which ALWAYS seems to be aimed directly at
my rear view mirror regardless of the vehicle that I am driving.

I know that car manufacturers are "trying to make their cars safe" but IMHO
pretty much all of the new styles of super bright halogen head lamps are
way to bright.  They may be more safe if you are driving on a road by yourself
but IMHO they are actually a hazard when you are driving in traffic.

-JW

At 12:43 PM 10/12/99 -0400, you wrote:

>Actually what I find really annoying is the headlights.  My regular car is
>somewhat on the low side, and when everyone drove "cars", headlights did
>not interfere.  However now, with all the large Dodge RAM pickups and
>Cherokees and Broncos and every other car an SUV, driving at night is
>really hard on the eyes 'cause even low beams seem like brights when
>they're at the same height as my mirror.  And God forbid if they actually
>do have their high beams on - that's even worse.  But just the lows are
>deadly.
>
>- Tab

        John Walker
     john@rmartin.net