Gymkhana Information - October 16th in NYC

To: "'Atwell Haines'" <carbuff@nac.net>,
Subject: Gymkhana Information - October 16th in NYC
From: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 09:23:53 -0400
Hey all.  Here's the info on the Gymkhana.  I spoke to the coordinator last
night.  He said there's plenty of room.  About 20 cars lined up right now.
If you're still interested in going,  here's the info below.  Email me at
mgraziano1@hotmail.com (not mgrazian@ltcm.com) or call me at the blow
numbers if you'd like to go and I'll add you to the list.  The cost is only
15 dollars.  And the lunch afterwards at Nicks Lobster is incredible. If
you're a lobster fan, or a king/snow crab fan, then this is the place for
you.  It's one of my favorite restaurants.  Can't beat the prices either.
If you need directions to Brooklyn, call me.  THe directions once in
brooklyn are on the flyer below.

The Fourth Annual Eastern New York MGA Club Gymkhana

Saturday, October 16, 1999 at 10:00 a.m. at Floyd Bennett Air Field in
Brooklyn, New York.

Rain Date: Saturday, October 23, 1999

Registration is limited to the first 35 entrants who preregister their cars.

Please call Michael Graziano @ 718-837-4224 evenings or 203-552-5706
weekdays to confirm that you are attending.  Releases can be had at the
field on the day of the event.  If you leave a voice mail message, include
your name, phone number and your car information.  The date and time of your

call is automatically recorded.  Please include the information below:

Name:
Phone:
Number of people for lunch:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip:

Club Affiliations:
Vehicle Make:              Model:         Year:.       Engine cc,

Attending the event and the luncheon that follows?  Yes/No

Please include an entry fee of $15 if you are entering.  Your check should
be made out to:  The Eastern New York MGA Club.

Description of Event: Competition is open to any British sports car or
sedan.  Entrants' cars will be divided by class.  These will be determined
by engine size: 1000cc or less, 1001cc to 1500cc, 1501cc to 1650cc,  1651cc
to 1800cc, and 1801cc and up.  Cars will be driven through an obstacle
course, marked by rubber cones, located on a runway.  There will be a walk
through at 10:15 am,  then two separate warm up laps followed by two
separate timed laps.  The fastest lap will be listed for record.  All
entrants will receive a full color commemorative event certificate suitable
for framing that will include their name, car and fastest elapsed time.  All

entrants with three or more cars entered in their class will be eligible for

first, second and third place awards.  Winners will have this noted on their

certificate.  The first car will be off the line at 10:30 a.m. Please be
prompt.

This is the kind of event for which your British sports car was designed.
Come visit a historic WWII airfield once used by Charles Lindbergh, Amelia
Earhart and Wrong Way Corrigan.  Bring a friend and have a great day.

Luncheon:  The event will be followed by a luncheon that will take place
five minutes from the field at the famous Nick's Seafood Restaurant of
Sheepshead Bay in a beautiful private room overlooking the water.  Among
their specialties is a delicious 1 1/4 pound lobster served with an ear of
corn or French fries for $12.95. There is a full menu. with many other
seafood and non-seafood items such as salads, steaks, hamburgers and pasta.

After the food orders are taken, there will be a discussion of the event.
The event certificates will be mailed to all entrants.

Directions:  The field is about a ten minute drive east on the Belt Parkway
from the Verrazano Bridge, Brooklyn side or five minutes west from Kennedy
Airport.  Exit Belt Parkway at 11S, Flatbush Avenue South.  At third traffic

light, before the toll plaza, turn left onto field.  Road narrows to two
lanes and then makes a bend to the left.  Continue through Do Not Enter
signs, an open gate and make a right onto runway with orange cones.  Stay on

right side and proceed to middle of runway.  If more directions are needed,
please call Michael at the above numbers.

Weather:  Reminder: This event has a rain date of Saturday, October 23,
1999.  If the forecast is questionable, please call 718.891.5776 the night
before or the morning of the event for current information.  If the weather
is severe the event will be postponed to the following weekend.

Important. Please confirm your arrival with the officials as soon as you do.

(Figure that out!)

Releases will be available at the field.

        __/__,_
|           Michael Graziano            |
|   Long Term Capital Management L.P.   |
|         Phone: 203-552-5706           |
|         Fax:   203-552-5869           |
|       Email: mgrazian@ltcm.com        |