Re: Decent Heat

To: Simon Matthews <simon_atwork@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Decent Heat
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 15:11:03 -0500
Hi Simon,

  I'm afraid you've drawn the wrong conclusion from your expreience with
the '74 B.  I have a '69 B that comes up to temp and puts out plenty of
heat in sub-freezing weather.  You probably had a 160 degree thermostat,
or maybe none at all in the engine which kept it from warming up more
than that.

  The thermostat opens at its preset temp (approx) and that's as cool as
the engine can run.  After that the engine temp is up to the cooling
system in whatever driving conditions are encountered.

  Charley Robinson
  '69 B