mga exhaust manifold on mgb???

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: mga exhaust manifold on mgb???
From: "Pearson, Tim" <tpearson@westpac.com.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 14:56:40 +1000
Was looking in Burgess (How to power tune your mgb engine) on the weekend -
in the exhaust section he mentions that the MGA "style" exhaust manifold is
good for 3-5hp in the midrange.
Now this prompts a few questions :
1/ Will an MGA manifold fit an 1800 block? obviously a new exhaust system
downpipe would be needed.
2/ What's the catch - ie do you lose top end? Not necessarily a problem for
a street car.
3/ If it's that good why didn't the factory do it? Manifold more expensive
to make?
4/ Anyone done it??

Tim
66B

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"