Re: For those in England: NonLBC way of life question.

To: Matt Pringle <pringlmm@mcmaster.ca>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: For those in England: NonLBC way of life question.
From: mkris@sprynet.com
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 17:33:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Matt Pringle <pringlmm@mcmaster.ca> wrote:
>Shame on you.  Mike asks for advice and support from a group of people
>he would consider friends and you have the nerve to suggest:
>
>1) It is easy for woman to come forward with charges of abuse
>       It is exceptionally easy considering that an allegation of abuse
immediately involves a social worker, special crime forensic officer to collect
specimums, a support psychologist and group counselor, and investigator with
sex
crimes units in the Police office (That's alot of wages and territory to
protect.) Furthermore, given your atitude, which is not isolated, (i.e. that
all
women only make true allegations) and no  man has any recompense for false
allegations, there is no downside to the woman bringing the allegation to
making
the allegation.  Try Proving a negative.

>2) She is just  as much at fault for being in the stairwell as he is for
>pushing himself on her.
> Of course she is at fault, she should not have been alone or allowed herself
to be alone when he's drunk and shehas no one with her. She had an obligation
protect herself. This is not to say, however, that all women alone can  be said
to warrant an attack, but common sense says: do not be caught alone with a guy
who is drunk in a dark stairwell.

>3) That this man's girlfriend was pursuing this relationship as more
>than a friendship.
>THis is a stupid comment. There was no indication in the post that that was
>the
case.

>4) That she gave suggestive signals.
>See coomments to #2 above.

>This is the 1990's my friend, we as a society don't subscribe to these
>falicies any more. and thats the problem... an allegation made cannot be
disproved, only denied.

I suggest you talk to your sister/daughter/grand-daughter and ask her to
enlighten you.
>But dont ask your grandmother who would say, men are after one thing only...
stay safe, never be caught alone with a drunk man, have a someone with you at
all times, unless you want to be alone with the man.

Finally, If he does an investigation and finds that the allegation is true. My
suggestion is to take his LBC, offer to take the guy (or GF if he was lied to)
to Sheepshead Bay for a one -way fishing trip.