RE: clubs

To: "mgs list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: clubs
From: "Robert Barback" <tippytoo@eatel.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 09:56:43 -0500
When I first started restoring my car I  was going to try to sub out the
work and would then put the car together as the parts came back. Would not
work .  Items would sit for months and nothing would get done.  Restoration
shops would take the parts in but never start to work on them. I then bit
the bullet and bought the tools and did
myself . Got more done in a month than had been done in previous 18 months.

The reason I stated above first , is that before and shortly after I first
joined our local club the members who
were officers / and had the nicest cars had sub contracted  the work out. So
I figured that was the way to do it.
After a few months I learned the right way ????   There has been a
change...... term limits ! Now our
club has an UN CAR Show also ,   awards for   Best Oil Leak , Most in need
of a Top , Worst paint Job ,
and largest rust hole , ECT . you get the drift .  Now the people who drive
their cars can get attention to.

I could have purchased a restored car for what I have spent on restoring
this one, however I would not
be able to say I did it myself..   What you they say ........About Visa on
TV    Some things are Priceless ..
Now if I go get my pictures from the drug store , and can figure how to post
them to our club web site..... I'll show those trailer queens owners
something........