Everything happens to me! <G>

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Everything happens to me! <G>
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 18:10:37 +1000
Hi all,

The saga with the MGA continues!! The machine shop reports back that the cyl
head was cracked in about 6 different places!!! I went to see it, and sure
enough it's toast. Someone has tried to weld it a few times in the past, and
there was 3 or 4 additional cracks in the combustion chambers, under the
valve seats. It's amazing, you simply cannot spot the cracks until it's been
in an acid bath, better yet crack tested. It's the orig head - well at least
it matches the car in age. So anyways, I've taken one of the spare MGB heads
over, and (please god) hopefully this one will be crack free!!! That's two
cyl heads (MGB and A) in the past year. *sob* If not, I may consider an
alloy head.. We'll see about that.

Since I've been getting bored with all this (and the increasingly good
weather is frustrating!!) I've decided to fit some go faster parts. I had
intended on using these on the BGT. I'll get more for the B later. Some
cromoly pushrods for reliability, lightweight lifters and some high ratio
roller rocker arms (bushed) I sourced from a place in Ohio. These fit the
std shaft. With the std cam, the lift won't be so high as to need machining
the block. Earlier head.

Hopefully this stuff might give me a small increase in pep. :) (and make me
forget about all the $$$ floating out the window!!)

The new CGT is still at my friends place in CA. I'm saving madly so I can
bring it out here along with the 100 for my Dad.

Cheers,
Neil.