Re: Carb needles again

To: "James Nazarian Jr" <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb needles again
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 08:22:43 -0400
The fixed needle hole is not large enough to accomidate the holder for the
 biased needle unless you feel sure enough of yourself to drill it out.
There are adapters to let you put a fixed needle in a biased piston
though(small brass furrel) but not the other way around.

It just so happens, I have a brand new set of biased needle pistons
from my new set of AUD405's I just installed on my '73 BGT.
I could let you have cheap! I just converted my brand new AUD405's
from biased to fixed at the beginning of the summer.

Everyone will tell you, you need to change over both chamber and
piston in sets.   Bull!

My fixed needle pistons (i beleive) fit the original chambers better than
the original pistons. Just for my own information, during the
swapping, I checked four sets of SU's. Out of four sets only one combo
of chamber and piston was the slightest bit stickly.

The catalogs will hit you for nearly $140 per set for a piston and chamber per
carb
so to convert by their #'s, that would cost you nearly $280.00

I'm totally happy with my present setup. I'd let you have the set of two pistons
in near perfect NEW (10 hours operating time on them) condition for $50.00

That's what it cost me for the two fixed needle pistons I bought.

Paul Tegler
OBie - 1973 BGT - Daily Driver
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
Rat - 1980 Spitfire  w/  O/D - in re-hab
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit80.htm
Punkin' - 1978 Spitfire - in Superb Shape!
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
Greene - 1972 Round Wheel arch MG Midget in the works
email: wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com