Parts needed, and an odd chirp

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Parts needed, and an odd chirp
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 16:21:03 -0700
I'm getting my car ready to take to Sears Point Oct 30th and there
are a few odds and ends I'm looking for which I'd rather not pay
what the "pros" charge.

The car is a '69 MGBGT. I live in Santa Cruz California and work
in Fremont.

My tachometer has gone flakey.  It's a small diameter, negative
earth tach.

My electric oil pressure sensor has broken.  Are these calibrated
the same as the sensors one could pick up in parts stores?

Also, my car wi making a weird noise.  Every so often when I start
from a stop (am letting the clutch out) I get a chirp from the
vicinity of the tranny that sounds like two pieces of metal sliding
momentarily.  It's not a pleasant sound, it's rather disturbing actually
and happens in both first and reverse.  Has anyone else experienced this
little pleasure.

--
 Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings; they did it by
killing all those who opposed them.