Re: Maintaining the breed (was:club apathy)

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Maintaining the breed (was:club apathy)
From: Rick Brown <mgrick@ptd.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 19:29:48 -0400
Larry Macy wrote:

> Well Here is my 2¢.

I have to agree with Larry - The best part of the shows is the drive to
and from - especially when you hook up with a bunch of other cars . It's
a great feeling to be in a line of MGs rolling along the highway!

I drive my 74 BGT every day of the year, park it in a park and ride 15
miles from home and take the bus into NYC (sorry but I wont drive my MG
in NYC!) and I still show it in car shows and sometimes win a trophy to
take home - usually it's because of friends like Larry who vote for the
car - but sometimes it actually wins on it's own.

I also have a 61 MGA roadster which is painted a yellow which resembles
the line down the middle of the road. I call it OSHA yellow. The paint
on the boot has been slowly peeling off to reveal the aluminum body, the
interior is pretty shoddy - all original leather with red duct tape to
cover the rips in it - but I still enter this car in car shows and Ive
driven it as far away as Indianapolis and Michigan.

These cars were meant for driving !

Oh and thanks Larry for the occasional Beer from your cooler in the
Midget!

Rick