Epilogue-Charging Problems

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Epilogue-Charging Problems
From: Speedo79@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 18:19:04 EDT
Dear listers,

Thank you for your quick and honest replies regarding the charging problems
with my 1977 MGB.  Thank you specifically to Steve Shoyer, Charley & Peggy
Robinson, Paul Hunt, Bud Krueger, Hans Duinhoven, and "robmgb" for your quick
and timely replies.  As usual, you guys were right on!
I had checked  the big brown wire to the alternator with the ignition off
before, and had found it without voltage (I hadn't suspected anything because
I didn't know otherwise).  When Paul pointed out that there should have been
12+ volts there, that set off the bells!  I checked down that wire, and found
the connections to the main bolt of the starter solenoid were all lose.  I
took just a few minutes to re-splice the offending wires and now there is 14
volts at the battery with any RPMs above idle!

Thanks again!
Steve Sanchez
1977 MGB "Charging like a champ!"

PS.  I will probably have to call on Ed Kaler of JustBrits in the near
future, because after looking that wiring over, it will need to be replaced
anyways.