Valve Sizes - MGA

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Valve Sizes - MGA
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:42:10 +1000
Hi all,

Out of interest is anyone aware of different size inlet valves for the 1600,
and the 1600Mk2. My valves from my 1600 head measure 1.5" and the valves out
of the Mk1 B head which I believe to be the same as a 1600Mk2 valve measure
1.55" (should be 1.56").

I say this because I gave my machine shop valves from my 1600, and valves
from a Mk1 B head I had lying around. I never knew that the valves were
smaller on the 1600, or do I possibly have a head off a different car?? I
recently found out my H4 carbs were Magnette spec and not MGA so who
knows!!!

Hmm!

Cheers,
Neil.