re: toolkits

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: toolkits
From: SndMn19@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 13:01:12 EDT
Allen Hefner wrote: "... Or do you have any other ideas for keeping the sizes
separated?
One method I have seen and tried with great success is one of those flat tool
pallets designed to go into the lid of a technical style (i.e., a large
briefcase) toolkit.  Add velcro tie-downs for each pocket and mount to the
inside of the bootlid.  You can even hinge the upper end when mounting so the
pallet can swing down to a handy vertical position with the boot open.
I have used this idea on two cars and numerous rock&roll roadcases which, I
suspect, get far more rough handling than our babies.  So far, the only
problems have been a reliable method for tacking down the velcro tie-downs
and mounting to the lid.  Glue and/or rivets were quickly discarded options.
So far, hand stitching seems to work best.  Hint: use a thimble.
Ray Dilfield