some questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: some questions
From: jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 16:32:32 +0100
Winter is coming...
Its getting darker earlier and rain, not much fun driving in the evenings
any longer, so the winter jobs ( on the car) are:
-New tyres
-(Wrinkle)Repaint dash board
-Rebuild seats
+ everything else I find ( I rent a non heated garage, so MG-winter-work is
limited. Which means I MAY do something with the bathroom this winter)

This leads to my following q's:
-Any surprises when I try to remov the dashbord ? Terrible job ?
-Wheels:
I have standard 60 spoke wire wheels, with 185/something/14 tyres. ( car at
home, I'm currently at work)
Lots of rubber left, but the rubber is very old, so no grip on wet roads. (
only poor grip on dry roads)
The 185 width looks nice on the car, but they are too wide for the wire
wheels. I bought a 165/something/14 for the stare wheel. They are probably
the right size for the car (?), but they look so skinny. 4 new wider (72
spoke) wire wheels is out of the question. I Think.
Any suggestions ?

seats
I have to do some 'advanced' seat rebuild. If I just install new diaphfragm,
and new foam, I will be sitting too high. This is going to take som valuable
time, that I could have spent in front of the TV.

Jon Arikstad
1970 MGB GT
1987 MB 230E