Re: trim strips and body panels

To: "David Tulchinsky" <tulch@ccsalpha3.nrl.navy.mil>,
Subject: Re: trim strips and body panels
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 20:44:34 -0000
>Second question.  Got the windshield wipers off, but the chrome nuts/trim
>won't budge.  Any thoughts here.  I understand they are really easy to
>ruin.

Common problem - small hacksaw or Dremel is usually recommended to cut
through the nuts being careful not to damage the threads on the wheelbox.

>4th question:  Should I remove the front fenders to check the
>condition of the sills.  Since they bolt on, I figure it should not
>be too hard to check for rust.  (Dash and windscreen are unbolted).
>The rest of the car is pretty rust free, so if this will really cause
problems
>for little gain, I suspect I won't do it.  If its easy (a few bolts
>to undo/replace)
>w/ huge benefit (will be able to determine if car is structurally intact)
>then I guess I will do it.  Any thoughts??

With dash and screen off it is all nuts and bolts, but you may be able to
see enough by removing the splash-plate that runs vertically at the back of
the wheel arch.  Correctly realigning the wing again may be time-consuming,
but if the fit is not ideal now ...

PaulH.