Inertia switch for fuel pump (MGB)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Inertia switch for fuel pump (MGB)
From: MGALUVR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 12:38:17 EST
I am having a problem with fuel supply to the engine. I thought it might be
the fuel line (which I replaced part of). However, I find that the fuel pump
seems to be the possible problem. It wont keep the fuel filter full of fuel
(evidently it isn't pumping enough). I noticed a sticker under the driver
side of the dash that says something about an inertia switch. It states the
piston on the switch must be fully depressed in order for the fuel pump to
work properly. After searching around the area of the sticker I can't find
anything that resembles a switch or piston. Can anyone shed any light on
this? Has someone possibly removed or maybe bypassed this switch? This is on
a 78 MGB. I don't have a manual yet (one on order) so I am totally in the
dark.

                                                    T-I-A........Bill