Re: More Brake Stuff

To: "Nigel Geach (CRFPULP)" <Ngeach@fccl.com>
Subject: Re: More Brake Stuff
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 20:05:33 -0600
Nigel Geach (CRFPULP) wrote:

> Rock,
> Fully agree with your thoughts on safety, when I was learning to drive in
> the early sixties, my dad insisted that I never believe the other guy's
> signals until we saw him commit to the turn, etc. I still don't believe
> their signals, and it's saved me several times. But I must take exception to
> your comments on TC hand brakes. I presently have a leaking right front
> cylinder (which I'll fix this winter), and have been forced to use the
> handbrake a few times. Mine has great stopping power, and can be feathered
> to allow variable braking because the thumb button must be pressed to set
> the brake (most modern brakes set automatically, and require the button to
> be pressed to release). In short, the hand brake was designed to be a viable
> alternative to the hydraulics, and it works well.

I'm very pleased to learn this; that'll have to be the next project.
I've been concentrating on the Cooper S, since I had to get it completed
in time for the film shoot (in progress now). I got most of the interior
in the Mini today, a few more switches and things to complete. I plan to
make the Victor a show car this winter. I re-shod the rears right away
when I began the project, but even full adjustment still doesn't give
much hand-braking. Guess I'll get new cables and pivots and do the
works.

Thanks!

-Rock
--