Redline Gearbox/Differential fluids

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Redline Gearbox/Differential fluids
From: "A D" <mooshupork7@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 05:25:33 PST
I switched to Redline MT-90 from SAE 30(ND) in my MGA gearbox last year and
I like it.  It is not as sluggish as the SAE 30 and the gears synchonize
better.  I called Redline to see what the difference between MTL and MT-90
and the representative said that MT-90 is slightly more viscous and would be
apt for the MGA gearbox, although MTL would be suitable as well (no
overdrive).  I have 75W-90 also to put in the differential.  I bought this
in the Spring and I intend to put it in maybe this weekend.  (I just didn't
feel like crawling under the car this Summer).

Art DiLello
1960 MGA 1600