Two Tone Midget

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Two Tone Midget
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 13:21:01 -0500
I got the Midget back on Friday. I spent the weekend mostly driving.
Here's what was done:

Pull engine and tranny, replace clutch parts and tranny.
Return engine/tranny to proper location.
Straighten wings and bonnet, weld a little, bondo a litle, sand a lot.
Paint repaied parts with primer
Paint repaired paartes with fresh Brooklands Green paint. Since th
repairs were only on the front of the car we painted the whole bonnet and
both wings. We did not get enough paint to put a coat on the whoe car so
now I have a two-tone paint job. Dark fresh Brooklands Green bonnet and
wings, faded Brooklands Green doors, boot deck and rear fenders. The
front looks good. But I will have to do the whole car next spring. Drives
great - kinda funny not to have to pump the clutch to get it into gear
and not to grind the gears at all.

Now I am in need of the chrome trim rings that go around the headlamps on
a 78 Midget. Anybody got a decent pair I could get??

Larry

PS Thanks to Ed of JustBrits for the parts

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.