Door panels?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Door panels?
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 15:25:41 -0700 (MST)
I was working on my 71 BGT last night and the door panels have thrown me
for a bit of a loop.  They are plain black vinyl, of the same texture as
used throughout the interior of the car, but without the heat welding
stuff. They are hardboard backed and slightly padded like all panels, but
as I said they are completely plain.  They were screwed, with proper
interior screws, all along the sides and bottom.  The spacing on the
screws was perfect and both were identical.  I have never seen anything
like this before, and would assume they were recovered, except there is no
evidence of older vinyl underneath and the install is so perfect and all
parts match the original style.  Has anyone ever seen panels like this
before?

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'71 BGT rust free and burnt orange