overseas motors

To: Ericsmgs@aol.com
Subject: overseas motors
From: keeble <keeble@inwave.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 20:17:25 -0600
The racers must have been  prepped at Overseas Fort Worth
distributorship not the dealer branch in Houston, where I worked 20 odd
years ago. There were 3 pictures of MGB`s on racetracks behind the old
service counter as well as an unknown D-Sports racer. Overseas had just been
sold to "Bud" Smith, five foot two without cowboy boots and hat, and renamed
Autosports. With the cleanup, anything related to Overseas was boxed and
taken to the dumpster by the porters.I was refused when I asked to buy the
old manuals & parts books. No problem! I just parked my 1600 A by the
dumpster! Got most of the service, parts,repair times and service bulletin
books as well as some factory tools. There were also some old S.T. booklets
and Huffaker
catalogues.

The racecar pictures were left to die in the dumpster.Seems someones left
over chili lunch found them before me. Incidently, my Twin Cam was  sold
through Overseas in Feb. `60.  .....Doug Keeble