Charging problems

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Charging problems
From: "Steven Miller" <bonding@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 08:46:44 PST
    Ok, for the most part I am lurker, I find that eventually most of my
questions are answered before I have to ask them.  With that said, I have
been having problems with the charging system on my midget.  Ok so the
problem is that it is not charging.  So here are the spec's.  It is a 1974
MG midget with a 1275 motor. (chrome bumpers and all).  It has a new
Battery, and alternator.  As far as I can tell all of the wiring is good.
Does anyone have any thoughts as to what else could cause the problem.  I am
bringing the alternator in to be tested today, because I am not getting
anything over 12 volts off of it.  With all of this said, as far as I can
tell the voltage regulator is built into the alternator.
    Not a well organized letter, but if anyone has anythoughts as to where I
should look please email either on the list or at:
Smille@earthlink.net
         or
Bonding@hotmail.com

Please respond, this is currently my daily driver!

Thanks for all of your help
Steve Miller

'74 midget -no charge
'82 lebaron convertible -no headgasket, no carberator,no camshaft

P.S. Patience is for people with too much free time.....