Wrestling with my Choke Cable

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wrestling with my Choke Cable
From: "Tony Woodruff" <tonyw@mailmedia.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 08:45:06 -0800
My conversion back to SU carbs required me to use a longer choke cable.  A
Previous Owner had cut both it and the throttle cable for the conversion to a
Weber (which is now in a box on my garage floor)  The car started right up
after the rebuild and install.  Now for the tuning.....

Anybody have a good trick for getting the choke cable back through the
"shielding"?  I can't get the longer one (from the parts car) back through the
metal shielding any longer than about 18 inches (that was accomplished using
the 1/4" at a time with a pair of pliers method)  The cable isn't frayed, it
just gets hung up midway through.

I also can't get the *@^(#$ cable holder out of the dash.  I thought that if I
could do that I'd be able to straighten the thing out and get the upper hand.

As always, any comments are appreciated.

TIA,

Tony Woodruff
67 MGB