Re: MG Fairy

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG Fairy
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 10:39:09 EST
In a message dated 11/18/99 6:16:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hjillson@argolink.net writes:

<<    I had a visit from the MG fairy yesterday.  I came out from work and
 someone had left an original BMC workshop manual circa 1969 (akd3259g) and a
 copy of The MGB Handbook, by Turner & Organ on the passenger side
 floorboard.
   It had a note saying that the donor was a previous MGB owner who had
 noticed my car in the lot, and thought I might be able to use the
 manual/book.
 Is that cool or what? >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a phenomenon known as "MG Magic."  At any unknown time, something
(usually good) will happen to you.  It could be a gauge that has never worked
spontaneously starts working on it's own, or books magically appear in your
car, or something else.

If any of you are backpackers, you may have experienced "Trail Magic."  Same
thing.  It is one more reason that these cars are so much fun, and the owners
are so loyal.

Let's start a thread on MG Magic.  What has happened to you?

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport