Re: Classic Adelaide

To: MG LIST <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Classic Adelaide
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 20:46:03 +0000
Steve Conley wrote:

> Being a big James Bond fan, I was sorry to hear of the fate of the
> Aston! (I'm still upset that they've gone German...at least they
> don't have 007 drive an SUV!)
> Sounds like an awesome Rally!

They had a picture of the DB4 being halued up onto the flatbed after the
accident... the mess of the front of it could easily make one cry!

To quote from the newspaper article...

With only a few competitive stages remaining, Sir Jack (Brabham) came to
grief against what rally organisers said was a "rogue tree".

"I just over-cooked it on a difficult bend", he said. "The car slid wide
off the road there was a tree just where I didn't need one.  It wasn't
the way I wanted to end such a great rally. But that's motorsport".

BTW Brabham won 14 Grand Prix yet every time I had reason to come into
contact with him he was always warm and friendly (even though I was
"just one of the workers").

Eric
'68MGB MkII

PS  I am becoming more and more determined to champion the cause of the
MG for this rally.  With a bit of encouragement I can't see why there
can't be quite a number of A's, B's and even one TC in particular that I
am aware of in this event.  If the damn Mini Copper S can be well
represented then surely the MG can as well!

... and in case you guys aren't aware.. there are quite a number of
overseas entries in Classic Adelaide (HINT)!!!