Re: 3-synchro O/D trans sought

To: Frank Krajewski <frankk@intap.net>,
Subject: Re: 3-synchro O/D trans sought
From: ya632@victoria.tc.ca (Paul Nelson)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 14:29:05 -0800
At 11:44 11/22/99 -0500, Frank Krajewski wrote:
>gerry:
>good luck! i have been seeking an od tranny for my 64 B for years. just
>missed one at Carlisle last year!
>Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski
>
>"Brinkman, Gerardo V" wrote:
>
>> Looking for a 3-synchro Overdrive transmission
>> for my '63 MGB. I am getting tired of cruising
>> at 5000rpm!!!
>>
>> I live in NJ, so anything from DC to Boston,
>> can be picked up.
>>
>> Anybody have one or know of one ?

        I have one I pulled out of a running 66 BGT rustbucket, as I
remember.  GBU-68640 I think is the engine #.  I was wondering just what is
a good price for the unit, because for the right price I would consider
selling it.
        I have been trying to sell a 64 bodyshell first, and offer the
tranny to the buyer of the bodyshell, but I might just put having overdrive
off and put the rest of the car together for now.  West coast location,
though.
Paul Nelson

BTW, is John in Oregon, to whom I sold my SnugTop hardtop on this list?
Need your address.