Re: MGB backfiring

To: "Ryan Watson" <rswatson@nyx.net>
Subject: Re: MGB backfiring
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 07:53:56 -0800
Most likely the problem is related to the advent of really cold weather. The
car is running too lean. Have you checked that there is still oil in the
dashpot? Have you tried richening up the mixture? Worst case, check that the
diaphragm in the carb hasn't become brittle with age and cracked from the
cold temperatures experienced when parked.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center