Re: rebuilding engine/Slick 50

To: "James H. Nazarian" <microdoc@apk.net>
Subject: Re: rebuilding engine/Slick 50
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 12:09:04 -0600
Well, here's one for you:

  I'm a model airplane builder and flyer.  My models are powered by RPIC
engines that burn alky and nitro.  I have both 2-cycle and 4-cycle
engines ranging in displacement from 0.40 cu" to 1.50 cu".

  A couple of years ago someone came out with a teflon based additive
that was supposed to "slick up" the internal parts of our model
engines.  One of the writers for a modeling mag did an independent test
of the stuff and wrote an article about it.  He took a 0.60 cu" engine
that was in good shape, ran it on a bench setup and recorded the full
throttle RPM with a selected prop.  Then he ran the additive thru the
engine as per tha instructions and retested.  The engine gained a
significant number revs - I don't remember how many - seeming to
indicate that the stuff worked, at least for the short haul.

  Just food for thought.  I still didn't buy any of the stuff; but I'm a
natural born skeptic of blanket claims.

  CR