Recent Purchase

To: "MG Mail List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Recent Purchase
From: "Jerry Greenberg" <jgreenb1@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 14:12:33 -0600
I recently bought a 1973 MGBGT and need some advice.  The car has been
sitting in a garage since 1984 (or at least that is the latest date on the
license tag).  The car appears to be very solid with only a minimum of
surface rust and a bit of rust where the batteries are placed.  Interior is
a bit tattered but that is not one of my potential worries.

I will be checking all fluids, hoses, brake lines, etc.  The car needs a
battery.  I'm new to MGs (still own a TR6) but I would like to convert this
car from two 6-volt batteries to one 12-volt.  Can anyone tell me how this
is done?  Is there any mystery to this?

Can anyone recommend an excellent maintance manual?  I'm going to buy a
Hanes manual but are there any others?

Thanks in advance for any help on this, and I probably will have additional
questions as the project progresses.

Jerry Greenberg
Houston, TX
1976 TR6