Re: Need more advice on TD piston change

To: BobMGT@aol.com
Subject: Re: Need more advice on TD piston change
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 00:52:33 -0700
The best way to check the bore is with a telescoping feeler gauge and a pair of
calipers to measure it.  You can not assume the DPO did anything right on any
car.  A feeler gauge will work if you have a set of calipers to measure the
piston, and it is round - but you need the feelers on both sides of the piston
(180 degrees apart) if you want real accuracy, and you also need the proper
specifications on the sizes.  I am not sure if honing before hand is better,
but I am sure someone on the list will know.

Good luck!
Phil Bates