RE: Jack stands

To: "MGS (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Jack stands
From: "Jon Lind" <JLind@ColoradoSkiing.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 11:22:03 -0700
Very, very true.  I'm used to working on 4x4s, with loads of clearance, that
even if they did fall probably would leave plenty of room beneath.  I used
to wonder where the danger is in falling cars, until I got the MG with its
2" of clearance.  It always makes me nervous being underneath mine, so I use
chocks on one end and two jack stands AND two floor jacks just below the car
in case something was to happen to the stands.

<<
Everyone should pay particular attention to this bit of advice from
Frank - a member of my car club (Keystone Region MG ) was killed three
years ago when a "T" series car fell on him. It was supported on only
one Jack stand.