Overdrive questions: D Type, LH and LD???

To: "Mgbbob@aol.com" <Mgbbob@aol.com>,
Subject: Overdrive questions: D Type, LH and LD???
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 21:40:22 -0700 (MST)
On Mon, 20 Dec 1999 19:43:05 EST, Mgbbob@aol.com wrote:
...snip...

>Remember that there were 2 OD transmissions for our B's; the late LH (1975
>on) and the earlier and MUCH sought after LD (1963-1974).
>Since the LH transmissions are easier to come by, you could do much better
>than the $450 he's offering.
>Although this seems high even for an LD unit, it could be a fair price if it
>were in excellent shape.

...snip...

Ok, I understand D type VS LH  but what is an LD?

Skye's website explains the speedos and the D/LH, but there is no
mention on an LD.
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/reference/speedometers.html

Below you mention an LH from 75 on,  Skye's site says from 68-80 they
all used the LD.  The D is the 3 syncro version for the older tranny...

Sorry to bother everyone, I am under a little time pressure to get this
info and make my decision, thanks!

Andrew Lundgren
Lundgren@iname.com
http://www.itwest.net/~lundgren