Kick Kai in the Arse Day!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Kick Kai in the Arse Day!
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:31:03 -0400
Aha!  Thanks Kai, this explains why both my O/D an non-O/D '73Bs are 1280s
- and both accurate.  I hadn't noticed the suffixes ("suffices"?).

Allen

>From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu>
>
>I was wrong about the speedometers.  I saw all the replies about the
>internals of the gauges being different and that is not at all what I
>recalled from memory, so I went and found Paul located our notes and damn
>it!
>
>Here is the scoop.
>
>The SN1280/XX is indeed the overdrive version of the SN1000/XX, and their
>internals are different and the swap can not be accomplished with a simple
>face change.  However, there is another gauge that were fitted incrementally
>also in OD cars and the faces of SN1280/XX and SN1280/YY are
>interchangeable, the apparent difference is a change in (to quote Paul) "two
>dots or some foolish detail."
>
>And of course XX & YY are postfixes of additional numbers ie. 03, 13, etc.

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
         Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
        49 YT, 57 ZB, 58 ZB, 65 B, 67 BGT, 73 B, 73BGT, 76 B, &...
         New Castle, VA 24127
         USA
         540/544-7333