Re: Shop Recommendation [fix it...?] longish...

To: "Florrie & Allen Bachelder" <bachldrs@swva.net>,
Subject: Re: Shop Recommendation [fix it...?] longish...
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 12:41:14 -0800
[lengthy discussion snipped]

Thanks, that was a thoughtful and well reasoned response. I don't really
have any intention of having a show car; I would, however, like one that
I could take pride in its appearance. Don't really have space for more
than one! And I wasn't complaining about the money I'd spent, not really
-- I'm getting close to 4OK miles; as you point out, it's pretty cheap
per mile, especially compared with depreciation on a new car. My current
inclination is to take a long term approach:

1. keep driving it, and when I have the money...
2. knock down the rotting shed on my property and build (or have built) a
garage...
3. start stripping the body and evaluate it at that time...
4. meanwhile, keep my eye open for a body donor vehicle!

Keep 'em going -- that's the spirit!

Max

--

Max Heim