Re: Tires for a Plus 1 Wheel size

To: REasterby@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tires for a Plus 1 Wheel size
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 00:36:43 -0800
Word on the street is that REasterby@aol.com said:
> I'm interested in Plus sizing the GT with a 15" Compomotive ML 5.5x15
> Minilite style wheel. Looking for some input on tires available to fit this
> wheel. I was hoping the Yokohoma A509 were available, but they are not. I'm
> looking to fit 185 x 60 dounuts.    Goodyear RSA comes in this size. Any pros
> or cons??

185/60R15 is pretty close to original size (approx 24" diameter)

You can plug values in here:
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/misc/tirecalc.html

For buying tires, tirerack.com rocks...  I think you can still get
Yokohama AVS Intermediate in that size.  That's what I'm after at any
rate.  Very good summer tire and OK in the rain.

Skye

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   http://www.mgb.bc.ca/   (_o____o_)