Re: Instrument voltage stabilizer

To: RHSinclair@uswest.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Instrument voltage stabilizer
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 09:53:41 EST
In a message dated 12/30/99 7:03:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
RHSinclair@USWest.net writes:

<< Can someone please tell me where the stabilizer is, and what it looks
 like? I've been having trouble with my dials, and a Moss tech tip said
 to check it. TIA

    Rory        <:-P >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

More Info!!  We need MORE!!  It really helps to know which car you have, if
you like cats, and if you disconnect your driveshaft when towing.  <BG>

I have a '77 Midget.  The voltage stabilizer is on the right side footwell,
above the glovebox, to the right of the turn signal flasher.  It is
rectangular, about 3/4" X 1 1/4", and it is mounted in a clamp that is
attached to the inner fender (or maybe the firewall).  (All of this is from
memory...sieve type.)

I figured it out by following the wiring diagram in the Bentley manual.  If
the wires are original, you should be able to trace the correct color wire
from something to the stabilizer.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget