Re: Bent rod...

To: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bent rod...
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 18:56:28 -0800
Andy,

My guess.......the one rod bent because the valve stuck at some point early
on after the rebuild. Whatever caused that ( a burr on the stem, perhaps,
where the valve ID letters were stamped in) has probably worn off by now,
esp. if the engine does not appear to have been running on 3 cylinders.

If the tappets and cam were new, it's unlikely the tappet was damaged. I
cannot think of any reason to replace the undamaged rods.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center